Re: [RC] Ticks - Karen Everhart

Claudia,

You have a bunch of options.  I like EquiSpot, a spot on treatment that is absorbed and seems to kill the ticks well.  You may have to physically remove the dead bodies as sometimes they are well "glued" by their mouth parts and do not release, even when dead.

Karen Everhart MEd.
President- Rainbow Meadows Equine Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
email: President@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com

Owner/Operator Horse Calls LLC
Training, Centered Riding Lessons
CTR and Endurance Conditioning and Training
email: HorseCalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.horsecalls.com

620-725-3402
316-648-5082

  Little grey ticks.   What can I use to kill these ticks - is there a dip to use?  There are far too many to just pick off.   Then - what can I use to repel these ticks big-time??   FWIW, these ticks are not found in their manes or ears.  I've also walked through this same area and none of the ticks has gotten on me--unlike the brown ticks that drop out of trees.
        Thanks in advance.

Claudia
N Texas