[RC] Happy Thanksgiving--and being Thankful - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Hello all,

I thought I would make a list of what I have to be thankful for...endurance wise.

  • I am thankful that all my horses are put up for the winter....sound.
  • I am thankful that I have wonderful endurance friends....that have pit crewed for me, ridden with me and vetted me through rides.
  • I am thankful for good friends who will ride my horses and not complain about their "smarts".
  • I am thankful for special friends that have met me on the trail at OD and brought us pizza and hamburgers.
  • I am thankful for a daughter who loves this sport as much as me.
  • I am thankful for a job that allows me to goof off on RC, talked to Marie, email Tom, Laurie and Angie and STILL get paid.
  • I am thankful for the wonderful string of horses that I have.....any of whom can go do a 100 mile ride.
  • I am thankful the times that I have made the right decisions, and for those when I didn't and things still didn't fall apart.
  • I am thankful for the people that helped my horse when she needed it at the NC100....and for the special person that "Rose sat" on her birthday so that I could go crew for Joni.
  • I am thankful for my mother, who first showed me this sport way back in the mid 70's.
  • I am thankful for RC....because we can argue, fuss, call each other names, but we still have something special in common.....horses.
  • And last but not least, I am thankful for Joel...who puts up with me, all my fussing, drives us, crews us, waits on us, and still doesn't understand why we want to do this.

Joni's List

  • I am thankful for Lovie and Cash Pony.
  • I am thankful for my mamma(sponsor) and my daddy...the pit crew.
  • I am thankful for Nina, Angie, Mary Coleman and her friend and anybody else that has sponsored me this year.
  • I am thankful Otis and Becky, and Ken, my favorite vets and scribe.
  • I am thankful for Nancy and Jackie and Samm for being the best timers in the world.
  • I am thankful for Tom Sites, who brings me gummy bears at the OD trail, and a swimming pool.
Jody, Joni, Joel and all of the 3JFarm ponies.