[RC] Because I was asked (was: FEI Championships) - k s swigart

Jessica Cameron said:

If you have no desire to compete or participate in
any type of supporting role at the FEI level, then really
your opinion or "say" doesn't matter anyway.

and in the post:

http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp/archives/past/06/44/msg00273.html

Steph Teeter said:

So, given the fact that some places simply don't have the
terrain for the classic technical challenge, how can we,
or even 'can we' regulate the sport so that it is more appealing,
less demanding on the horses, something greater than a 50%
completion rate, a sport requiring more horsemanship?
any ideas??

Steph

So if anybody is wondering why _I_ expressed an opinion.  It is because
Steph asked for it (in that same post where she described the demolion
derby that the other disciplies and the general press saw).  And if
Steph doesn't think that my opinion "doesn't matter anyway," then she
shouldn't have asked for it.

What I TRIED to do was to give some contructive ideas about how the FEI
could change the structure of the sport to encourage the participants to
improve their completion rates and demonstrate better horsemanship.

One way to make the sport less demanding on the horses (and hopefully
improve completion rates) using exactly the same courses would be to
figure out a way to get the participants to SLOW DOWN (does anybody deny
that IF riders were to slow down that the course would be less demanding
on the horses??).

I don't know if any of the things I suggested will work (the only way to
know for sure is to try it and see); however, it was an opinion that was
solicited.

kat
Orange County, Calif.