[RC] re: direction of WEC - Cindy Collins

Patti:? We already have these in this country...they are our classic 100 mile rides...the Tevis, the Big Horn, Virginia City, Swanton P, and I assume, The Old Dominion, though I haven't ridden it.? These rides have places where you can really make time cantering, hills, woods and single track, etc.? That's, obviously, not where International is going.? It's not what they want.? You don't complete these rides in 9 hour times.? That's not the point of those real endurance rides.? AND, it's why some of us hate AERC's support of International in its current form.? Cindy

My reply,? A similar thing happened with 3 day after a disastrous Olympics and changes were made. ? Maybe a multi leg "endurance" course could be adopted with one day of hill climb one day of technical forest riding and one day of speed.? Similar to a short version of? Tour De France. ? The entire course doesn't need to be a continuous 100 miles to allow for different terrain for different days.? Patty

?

Cindy Collins