Re: [RC] Daily Wormer - Jody Rogers-Buttram

I'd say that the majority of the horses they see are not doing the extremes that ours do.    I understand where the vets are coming from, that most of the horses they see (at least in our neck of the woods) suffer from a lack of preventative care.  So, the vets love to see someone attempt to take better care of their horses.  But, to me, less is better when it comes to constant shoving of something into their systems and then asking them to perform like we do.  Just a thought, but I wonder if all the ulcers could be caused by the daily wormer.  Back years ago we didn't *seem* to have the ulcer problems.  Now, it seems tons of horses are affected by them.  I have often wondered, have I been lucky or what to have had several horses in this sport since 1979, and shoved all those elytes down them for years and not had ulcers.  We tend to blame the elytes, when maybe it was something else like daily wormers that are used so much more now a days.  JMHO.  And I am sure that someone out here in RC land can tell me how wrong I am for thinking this.

Jody

Lynne Glazer <lynne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jody, how many of those vets treat extreme performance horses like
ours and if so what's the proportion of their practice?

a.e. happened to a friend, Karen Steenhof and her great horse Ambers
Thorn. The theory of a little bit of poison every day bugs me
conceptually, too.

Lynne
recent pretty pix, and there is an Arab in there, Caleyndar: