Re: [RC] Back issue on 100s. Seems like heat. Ideas? - Don Huston

Hello Patti,
I switched a Supracore endurance pad (no extra cover) after using Woolback and Coolback pads for years (absolutely no back problems) because I thought the Supracore would reduce heat. I did 2 1day 50's with no problems then did all 3 days at HogWilder which was a hot ride and at the end of the 3rd day my horse definitely had a sensitive-to-the-touch back (not muscle sore) then sloughed of a bunch of skin during the next week. Like Jim Holland said, I think the Supracore is too abrasive, went back to my no problems at all Woolback and Coolback pads.