[RC] Falling off! - Julienne

Ha, this story reminded me of the time I was riding
down a somewhat steep trail connected to the main road headed
back home. It was my first time down this little trail and
a branch hung over the trail at belly height. As we walked
past I reached down to push the branch away - the branch did
not budge! I ended up hanging on the branch, Isabella kept
going down the trail, suddenly lighter. Thankfully I hung
on to the reins.. I doubt my mare would stick around if I
fell off. Thankfully I've fallen off of her less than a handful
of times since I've had her for 6 years. God bless little
horses! :) At least ones my short little legs can get a grip
on when they're feeling goosey!

I used to ride this wide, powerful QH mare that I would fall off
every week or so it seemed. She's spin and bolt, I'd levitate
then land on the ground with a *thunk*. I swear in one month
I fell off of her 5 or more times.. she was a nasty alpha mare!

Julienne

I met a guy at Pt. Reyes who told of running a tree branch through one of
the ventilation slots on his helmet. His horse kept on going and he was slid
off the back of the horse, dangled, and dropped when the branch broke.
Sturdy chin strap on the helmet, I guess.

Regards,

Mike Sherrell

Grizzly Analytical (USA)
707 887 2919/fax 707 887 9834