From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ed & Wendy Hauser
Sent: domingo, 5 de novembro de 2006 17:32
To: Jean; heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] bute

The other part of the puzzle is what data was collected.  Often when we were setting up expiration dates on industrial chemicals, we would store for a certain length of time (we liked 2 years), then determine if it was good.  If the stuff was good we would then tell the factory to put an expiration date 2 years after production.  Some things did go to hell earlier.  Those would get a shorter expiration date.

I would expect that Bute if stored dry would be unchanged for many many years.  Other drugs should be much less stable.  I would not be surprised to find that bute was found to be pretty much unchanged after whatever the standard time for the company was and this was used as an expiration date.

I can't prove any of this, so for critical drugs I would discard after expiration.  If Bute has lost a bit of potency, it usually won't matter all that much.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

-------------------------------------------------------- This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the system manager: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses, however it is always advisable to run a virus check on e-mails and attachments before opening them. --------------------------------------------------------