RE: [RC] bute - Jean

Thanks, that’s what I thought. I have a friend who is using bute that “expired” in 2001. She insists that it’s OK.

Jean

From: heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2006 5:09 PM
To: Jean
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] bute

It isn't a matter of how "safe" it is to use--it is a matter of whether or not it will work.  Expiration dates are based on the time it takes to lose a certain small percentage of potency--and the effectiveness continues to decline the further from the expiration date it gets.  So if something has been outdated for a long time it may be perfectly "safe" to use--it just won't do what you intended it to do.

Heidi