[RC] Barefoot "trimming" - Todd Hezeau

We have recently moved to our own place in the country back in the beginning of September. I have been doing the barefoot trim for years and while we boarded our horses when we lived in the city they were stall kept in the evening. The lady at the barn would not allow them to be turned out 24/7 for fear of the horses being stolen or hurt by some unknown means. I went with it because the boarding facility was fantastic and when you find a good one you stay. We did for 6 years. When we moved, our horses have been turned out 24/7 and I have no intention on changing that. That's what I have been wanting to do for years. My wife's horse is shod, mine are both barefoot. In the short time I have had them out I have not had to trim their feet near as much. I looked at my 26 year old gelding's feet this morning since I last trimmed him 3 weeks ago and he looks fine. He has rock crushers to begin with. Also in this short time my mare's feet has changed for the better. Both of their feet look awsome and I don't ride my gelding hardly at all. We don't live in a rocky area, mostly sand. (north east Texas). I wish I had been able to do this years ago. They have the feet I  have been striving to get for years just from me doing trims every 2 weeks ( and yes I do it that often because it makes life easier on my back) Like I said though, my gelding is going on 3 weeks and doesn't need anything at the moment. My mare and I did a 50 at the Armadillo this past weekend and she was barefoot the whole ride. I' ve said it before and I'll say it again, I'll never put shoes on my horses. Boots, yes, shoes, no.

Safe Riding,
Todd