[RC] Fw: rebuttal on ES about endurance - Mary Ann Spencer

I may be kicked of ES.....AGAIN!!!  but this is what I reposted........ just had to do it, I guess.  I am having a good laugh at all you guys are posting here.  This is great.   Some at ES have some very strange ideas........

here is the repost:
Well said Bobjhill.

I have to wonder if those bucking horses like that strap tightened around them to make them buck and entertain the crowds?   They often fall and often fall on the riders.

If one is performing a sport of any kind, they need to get the necessary information to be educated about it.  The horses in endurance are monitored by a VET more than other equine sports.

The fee to file an abuse charge is there to keep out 'fake' complaints.  If one sees abuse, there is the vet at the ride and other ways.

Many of the animal rights groups think all animals should be freed and not held in captivity.  Check out zoos.  Check out what is humane treatment and it can vary greatly around the world.

Race horses end up crippled due to running really hard early in life before the bones are calcified.  Horse racing has rules as does endurance which is NOT considered the same type of racing.  Those who do not take proper care of their horses do not have that horse for riding for very long.

Barrel horses have ligament problems from the strain of fast moving around the barrels. Lots of lameness in most horse activities.

There are lots of activities that are stressful.  Watch those show jumpers and see how some fall trying to get over those tall jumps... everyone could probably add to this list.  Most horse activities have the horses reaching for success... but for the horse.. who only wants his feed and water.. or is it for the owner?  Many only want the increased value of the prodigy of the horse or to increase the price of the horse when it is sold.  How many horses are sold with BUTE on board so the limp won't be noticed?