[RC] Sallie's first 100 - the rest of the story - heidi larson

OMG, that's exactly what I did also, told one friend I was planning on the 100 at PacNorth, told a couple endurance riders I was considering it, but didn't really mention it to my husband, I didn't want the pressure either, he said it was because he would have tried to talk me out of it. Maybe so......... he's not sure about 100 mile rides.  Came home and gave him the news too, got a couple funny looks, but when he saw how great my Ash looked, he didn't seem as concerned.  Congrats on your first 100!!

heidi larson and Ash

Mateef@xxxxxxx wrote:
One thing I didn't mention in my ride story. I never told anyone, including my husband, that I was planning to do the 100 at Spook Run. Patti knew I was thinking about it, but that's it. So, no pressure.  If it didn't happen, it just didn't. When I got home, I handed him the ride card and asked him to read the top line. You know, RIDE NAME_______DATE_____DISTANCE_____. It didn't sink in right away, but when it did, he said, You rode 100 miles? You rode that horse 100 miles? I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat. When I asked him if he knew why I kept it a secret, he said, "Because I would have poo-poo'd the idea". That's exactly right! I wanted NO negative vibes. When I asked him if he didn't feel bad about that, he said, "That's my job". It's his job to try and keep me grounded. However, he knows that most times it doesn't work. Endurance husbands sure have it tough.

Sallie in NE Ohio