Re: [RC] Rain gear websites - Lori Bertolucci

Once the weather gets cold enough and wet enough, I bring out my oilskin skicker. In fact, had it at the Grand Canyon ride, and was really glad for it. But I only use it now for feeding and general use.
The only thing about them is, if they aren't kept in a warm place to stay flexible, they can take forever to warm up and soften up.

LEAHCHIRO@xxxxxxx wrote:
I bought an Outback Oilskin full length duster 7 years ago. I never rode in it because it was too heavy. Anyway, I figured it would be great to just use in the winter for barnwork so I hung it in the tackroom.........it is humid here in GA and my duster got moldy real quick. SO, I had to rinse it scrub it with a brush to remove all the mold and then use the special oilskin stuff to make it waterproof again. From then on, it has sat in my home closet. LEAH , Atlanta,GA