[RC] Fwd: <from Anna Wolfe> NC100 - John Teeter

From: "" <awolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: NC100

Hi all!

Well, the NC 100 was quite a ride - they took the OD 100 trail, and in my opinion, made it even
harder by adding the Indian Graves trail from the 50.  And those long ridges along the top of the
mountains are gorgeous, but lots and lots of rocks.  Sherman's isn't too bad, but I've ridden it a
few times, so was able to make it up in 35 minutes.  It was the peak of the fall, and absolutely
gorgeous.  Snickerdoodle and I accomplished what we set out to do - we finished - and I believe we
did come the furthest - having come from New Mexico.  And it was around 2:15, so it didn't take us
the whole time.  I was aiming for a midnight finish, but my new friend, and good friend of my
sister Adrienne's, Sarah Fletcher, was very sick riding up over Edinburgh in the dark, so we walked
an extra two hours to get her over.  A very brave lady, but she is doing fine.  I am happy to once
again be sharing my twin's friends.  But if I do another NC 100: beware - don't ride with me -
everyone I've ridden with the two times I've done it gets pulled - including my sister at the
finish in 2002!

Anna Wolfe