[RC] NC's location - kimfuess

When the NC was at Warner Springs in Southern CA, I believe there were no riders from the East region, the SE region,  maybe one rider from the Central or the Midwest region that attended.    I can't think of one ride I would would go to in which I had to trailer 5 days one way.

I think that this is just a reality of having an organization which covers a large geographical area.  When I competed in dog agility I flew all over the US and Canada for with my JRT under my airline seat.  It was no trouble so I was able to do it often because it was easy.  Hauling  a horse to the other side of the country and spending around 10 days just on the road doesn't sound like fun.  I do endurance for fun and riding traveling 10 days to ride one day just isn't worth it.

I haven't even brought up the expenses which would include time lost from work, cost of house and pet sitters, fuel and travel costs.... the possibility of breakdowns, bad weather, and most of all the stress to my horse.  It just doesn't add up in the positive column for me.  If I want to ride the OD trail, I can borrow or lease a horse and ride for the next year's regularly scheduled ride.

This is just my opinion on why I wouldn't travel to the other side of the country for a one day ride.

Kim