[RC] US/Canadian border crossing - Kathleen

Check at the border crossing you are going to use.  You DO have to have the Federal Vet certify the papers but you may be able to meet the Federal vet who works at the border crossing and have the certifications done there.  That is what we do when we go to BC from north central Washington … we cross at the major border crossing for eastern Washington.  A federal vet works there and we set up an appointment with him ahead of time.  We actually set-up appointments with him for our whole ride season once we know the rides we will be attending in BC.  It extends the life of the paper work by about 5 days as opposed to sending it to Olympia which often allows us to get two rides on one health cert (they are good for 30 days).  I THINK every major border crossing has a federal vet at least part time.

Kathleen