[RC] over sized boots - Rebecca Bianchi

Just a word of caution here.  Be careful if you are riding with stirrups and overly large boots.  Years ago the field master of our local fox hunting group was pleasure riding in fireman's oversized black boots when the horse he was on spooked.  He was knocked out of the saddle when the horse ran into the woods, but his boot got stuck in the stirrup and he ended up being dragged.  I don't know why the safety stirrup bar didn't release on his saddle, but it didn't; he ended up with severe head injuries (and yes he was wearing a helmet). I'm all about comfort and practicality, but please use caution when choosing your gear.
Cheers,
Becky

<From: Fay Kelley <iceisit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<Subject: Re: [RC]   riding in half chaps

In the winter I have used rubber steel-toed boots which are too big with=
 thick wool socks and that has worked great ...
if I break through ice and step into water I stay totally dry and they are=
 easy to clean and relatively cheap.
I used these is sub-zero weather and for me are very warm if insulated with=
 wool socks.
--
Cheers,  Fay