[RC] Ride-n-Tie & Scoliosis - Spottedracer

The child apparently wears a backbrace to bed. Her parents and doctors have her on strengthening exercises - and the horse riding was highly recommended by her doctor. (helps abdominal/back muscles, etc...) Apparently, she doesn't normally suffer from major discomfort - but is awkward in her mounting/dismounting due to the angle of her hips. But has shown MAJOR improvement in this area over the last 3 months of lessons (we make them get on/off 5X on both sides every lesson)

After speaking at length wth my own daughter's Vice Principle (VERY crooked with Scoliosis) - I have been advised that only a registered nurse/physical therapist/doctor/or parent should be the girl's sponsor due to her challenges. Since I'm none of those, I'm not equiped to handle a possible accident. Her parent's are highly educated and very experienced/knowledgable in her abilities. Since her dad was raised on horses, I trust him fully in his ability to take care of my laid-back SSpony..

The father has no interest in riding for hours himself. A short ride here-and-there are more his cup of tea. Apparently, he completes the marathon portions of the Triathalons in just 3-5 hours. So matching the mare's rack will be fairly easy.

After getting all of the anwers from those here that are involved in R-n-T - it appears that this is probably the best fit for these two. I will print it out and give it to them during next Sunday's lesson. If BSF holds the R-n-T again next year - you may see them..

Thankyou - LP