Fw: [RC] riding in chaps - Dot Wiggins

Any decent saddle repair shop can refit chaps, cut down, or add on for length.
I just looked in several catalogs, prices all the way from 99$, suede or leather. to 300+  many styles.  the more fringe and silver the more $$

----- Original Message -----
From: sherman
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 1:35 PM
Subject: [RC] riding in chaps

Couldn?t you have the legs tightened on a pair of size large 38? inseam, off-the-rack chaps? I just happen to have a pair of large black suede schooling chaps that you can have for $50 plus shipping if you?d like to try this. They?re too long & wide for me, never been worn, and they?re just sitting around gathering dust here. I thought my hubby would like them after ripping so many of his jeans on the barbed wire along our trails, but he wasn?t interested.

Kathy

That's just it - you 'petite' people can have them cut
down. I need about a 38" inseam so unless I wanna wear
way too short off-the-rack chaps, I gotta go custom.

Yep, I was talking about full chaps, not half chaps,
for those who were confused.

Thanks for the feedback everyone - if I ever happen to
have $400+/- in hand, I'll consider buying a pair.
Until then, I'll keep pulling stickers out of my
tights. ; - )

Kristi iluvdez at yahoo dot com