[RC] coggins, animal id - Kearby, Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/OM

Some states around us have the Equine Passport, some don't ALL have Coggins requirements in state movement and health papers going out of state, I'm in central Oklahoma.  Some states we travel thru have 6 month coggins requirements some a year, ours is a year.  I wish there was a nation wide equine passport, going to the vet once a month for health certs isn't fun.

Meantime.  The chipping and/or branding seeing so many stolen horses makes me happy.  Also seeing so many people trying to re-unite horses with their papers after they've been moved around and lost would be a good thing.  Those that think those chips can be 'read from space' and big brother can watch you and take your 'guns' are a little bit 'over the edge'  get a grip people.  This will never become what anyone thinks it will be they can't keep ag stations and coggins checks up with the staff they have now....  Meantime if you have ever seen a horse with EIA, if you know what happens with that situation, and I think mostly requiring coggins of horses that travel in public means they see a vet occasionally and are fairly healthy and not likely to pass on strangles and other ugly communicable germs.  I'm glad for things that keep my horses safer...  even though I do wish 'Uncle Sugar' didn't have to take care of us quiet so much, you'd have to go back to pre-FDR and the 'new deal' to make us free again.  No more social security, welfare, interstate funded roads, boy I wish.

'I can't see anything in the current Animal ID proposal that will have a negative change on what we now have in FL. In fact if you register you farm you are now eligible for a SE Equine Passport which makes my life a whole lot easier when traveling with horses. That is a good thing.

Truman'