[RC] Finding a Nice Guy - Peggy B-Smith

Lucinda,
We must be leading parallel lives!  I have been married for 25 years (2nd marriage) and I got back into horses at 48.  My ex, however, was (and is) a great guy - I just married much too young.

To relate this to endurance, my hubby doesn't ride, but totally supports my addiction. My truck, trailer & camper are always taken care of and ready to go, he brags about "how smart those A-rabs are" and brags to all his friends "how my wife rides 50 miles a day - for days in a row!"  He loves all 3 of my horses - my retired guy, my present endurance mare, and my future endurance 2-year old. And he cleans pens when I'm busy and gone (a lot) on rides. And - fixes fences, gates and all the other things the horses destroy.

Yes, he doesn't have the Wipe Your Feet accessory, or the Hang Up Your Clothes option, but I think I'll keep him!

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA