Re: [RC] suspensory question - Truman Prevatt

Sage advice Chris.The one time I thought I had a suspensory problem, it turned out not to be sore check ligament. While you need to treat a sore check ligament, it is not a near the problem as a suspensory. Get the horse to a good vet and find out what is going one and have him give you a recovery/rehab program.

Truman

Chris Paus wrote:
If I suspected suspensory issues, I'd get the horse to a competent vet for ultrasound. I've rehabbed a horse through a suspensory injury. Caught early and with aggressive care, the horse will heal. Fool around too long, and the swelling causes lesions on the ligaments and can result in a poorer prognosis.
Maybe I'm just a fussbudget. I certainly do not have a lot of money for vet bills, but I get professional help with tendon or ligament injuries.
chris

*/Barbara March <bmarch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

Hi

    I have a 14.3 arab gelding who has sore front suspensory
    ligaments, and
    has had for some time. My farrier and I finally figured it out today
    after trying unsucessfully through shoeing to get him to land heel
    first. My farrier is very competent and after palpating my gelding's
    legs found soreness in the suspensories.

My question is: what treatment options do I have?

    Thanks
    Barbara

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42974/*http://www.yahoo.com/preview>

--

“You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.” Malcolm X