Re: [RC] [RC] Horse ID program Proposed Regulations - Sisu West Ranch

Since my last post, I got a reply from the Farm Bureau.

They are considering a pilot program and asked if I would like to participate.  I said yes.  They also sent a pdf file from the ESWG (equine species working group).  It is to big to attach here, but I would send it to anyone interested.  Note timetable for implementation is 2010.

The FAQ section specifically says  that they only intend to collect info from events where health papers are already required and interstate shipment.  I suspect that some states (like WI) who already require event organizers to keep records for EIA control, will require the same, and possibly direct computer reporting, when the system goes into effect.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640