Re: [RC] guilty husband, LOL - Shannon Chastain

Chris I found a great Trailer but I have the link at work I will sent it toyou
from work
Monday if it has nto sold yet it was 8,900 in great shape it was a 3 horse
slant with
completed LQ (Shower-air all the extras) It is a 1986 and located south of KC.
Shannon

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 17:03:29 -0700 (PDT), Chris Paus wrote
I think my husband is feeling guilty about scheduling an elective surgery for
a non lifethreatening issue when I wanted to go to Winnie Clutter's ride.
Although it is a bit iffy if I'd be well enough to go anyway as I'm still
recovering from that blow to the head, I was not a happy camper to lose the
option to go. I made a case about how many rides I've given up over the years
to baby sit him.

  Later that evening, he asked me how much a replacement horse trailer would
cost. He's getting some money from his mother's estate. What's left over
after
he buys a motorcycle, will go to a newer trailer for me.

  that said, if anyone hears of a trailer or has one, let me know! I think
I'll have around $12,000 to spend, maybe a little more. so I know I won't be
able to get a very new one, or one with lots of "stuff.' But I should be able
to upgrade from what i've got.

  here's what I need.

  Essentials
  2 or 3 H .. .slant preferred, but will consider a 2H straight load. Nothing
bigger than a 3H. I don't want to haul and park that much trailer!  GN  Good
tires, good floor  Tack area that's not in the dressing room  Room in the
LQ/dressing area for my grandson and I to sleep and a place for chairs or
bench  AC/heat strip would be nice.

  Great options
  Water tank
  outside battery boxes
  A walk-through would be really nice
  A wash up and potty area would be da bomb
  If there's no cooking area, a safe place to light up my coleman stove would
be nice.  Stallion stall would be nice  Awning
**********************************
  Here's what I've got to sell. It would be great for someone just starting
out....

  $2,500

  1978 (yeah, it's old, but still very nice for its age) King GN 2H straight
load

  It's got a huge tack area under the horse mangers, accessible from either
side of the trailer outside.

  A decent size LQ/dressing area with queen bed area, a bench for storage and
sitting, closet and mirror. It's paneled and insulated. It's longer than a
lot
of newer ones, but more narrow.

  It's got AC that works really well, no heat, though.
  Crank out windows
  Awning (that works)
  The floors are wood, very heavy duty and in good shape
  Decent tires and spare
  Brand new hand crank jack. Cranks very easily, not much muscle power needed.
  Wired with plug ins for connecting to a generator or camp site power.
Inside
wiring for microwave, fridge etc. but I don't have those things.  It is
steel,
but not too much rust. I've looked at newer ones that have a lot more rust
than this one!  It pulls and handles well behind a truck. 23 feet long from
nose to rear doors.   It must be a decent ride for the horses. Once one goes
for a ride in it, they are willing to hop right in again.

                            If you don't know where you are going, any road
will get you there.      Lewis Carroll

  Chris Paus