RE: [RC] [RC] towing engines lq trailer vs motor home gas vs diese - Alison Farrin

To our 2000 Dodge (same as this one below except a year newer) we added 4" exhaust, a computer chip to increase the torque and an air brake.
I can't wear out the brakes.........
Pulling a 3 horse fully loaded bumper pull with a 9.5 cabover camper on top, I have NEVER run out of pulling power.  If I don't get stuck behind a slow tuck I can do 55 up the north to south side of Tejon pass on Hwy 5 and that sucker is steep.  The only thing we have done is replace batteries in addition to regular maintenance.

Alison A. Farrin
858-748-6500 X107
14251 Danielson St. Poway, Ca 92064

Here's my experience, I purchased a used, 99', Fully loaded (King Cab, Custom-ordered by first owner for a HD 'one ton' pulling capacity)... It is a 6-cylinder, Cummins Diesel...  If I'm not pulling, I get about 22-26mpg on the highway.  If I'm pulling my 24' Gooseneck 5-horse slant - fully loaded. I'll get about 10-14mpg, depending on if it's flat or hilly.  I've had very few mechanical problems with this almost 8-year-old truck (computer chip needed replacement, battery replacements - standard fair for an aging vehicle).. I have had a major complaint - I've had two  brake jobs that ran over $600 each on it (think it was hubs (?) or something that always goes out of spec and must be replaced...)... The other complaint with the Dodge - is that when you've got a HEAVY load - it has problems keeping interstate speeds on Mountainous interstates. This is due to being only a 6-cylinder Diesel.

- LP

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: IRS regulations effective June 20, 2005, require us to notify you that this communication was not intended or written by this TPA firm to be used, and cannot be used, by you as the taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that the IRS might impose. You should seek the opinion of an appropriate tax advisor regarding information contained here within. PLEASE NOTE: This message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.