[RC] tranny fluid as fuel? - Kathie Ford

Okay, here's a real interesting question for many of you smart guys out there. I just heard this and understand it is being chatted about on the internet by technicians; specifically diesel techs of which my husband is one of them.

Apparently, there are people out there using used tranny fluid in their diesels and they are running really well on this stuff.  If I understood it correctly, or even somewhat correctly, it has to be run thru a filter, at least a 5 micron first?

Anyway, there are guys raving about how wonderful it is working, and even some truckers have apparently chimmed in mentioning that they've done this for years.

There are some guys at his work that are going to try on their older diesels first just to make sure.  Half and half first; swearing that it works wonderfully as an alternative, with no problems and no downturn in mileage.

Any of you guys out their on RC know of this?

just curious and thought would be a good new topic for RC.

kathie