[RC] triple crown - smuncy

    Just an idea, I get those sometimes....
 Just letting everyone know that this is one of the few years that people will
be able to ride the Tevis and the Big Horn 100 in the same year!  Add the Old
Dominion and you've got the unltimate triple crown! (Heat - Tevis     Terrain
- Big Horn 100      Humidity - Old Dominion)

     Would be great ??? -  if could get AERC to promote / sponsor  'Triple Crown' - may increase 100 participation, ( nah, probably not, .. but if  I was competing again would be
'goal'. other than just doing ride; I never could afford to 'take off' to go cross country, but others can; )   Add  Crown Jewel  --   of Championship Ride, - Would have already done at least some of trail at OD in June  this year. Note, ? not too late for AERC to consider.??
   Other - make A  Triple Crown for your region. I may be mistaken, or maybe was done and
 ' fell by  the wayside ',  or still active ?, or just  talked about;  but - on east coast at one time think there was Triple Crown for endurance rides,?  or maybe just talked about - would have been  - Biltimore, OD, and Vermont 100. Hmmm, may have to see what became of that?
  And, jmho, ( now I realize east coast mts do not equal west coast) but, at OD you will find heat - 80+ to 90+, Humidity ( about same - or feels like it ) - usually; and ' terrain '.  If I remember right something like 14000 ft. changes in elevation, and that is 'up and down' - at least seven climbs/ descents.  (Genearlly, vet check after each; that is a plus. as little to no crewing on trail. )
  Other subject -  Why someone picks a "Premier ride" as first ----1-  they have heard about it, 2 - their friends are there. 3 -It is closest one they "know" about.  ??
Why pick Biltmore; ( same would go for SC 100 - (JD's)  ) as first 100 ride,  - good ride/well managed, and good terrain / footing; , but, again, jmho - easy to override a horse there, nothing to really to slow one down, except, "common sense" of rider, and that often comes with 'alot of practice'.
  About 'retirement communities' for equines - sometimes local 'riding therapy' groups may be an option.  Stephanie M
 There is no shame in trying, only in not doing ones best.