[RC] Looking for a Ride and Tie horse in July - Maryanne Gabbani

A few years ago Carol Ruprecht contacted me to see if I knew any Egyptians crazy enough to try the Ride and Tie World championships. At the time, despite efforts online, I couldn't find anyone to give it a try. This year, Tracy Karbus (ex-Billaud), who used to work with Jackie Bumgardner doing her admin work at rides and currently living here in Giza, decided to see if she could field a team. She's a runner and rides with me here and she's conned (oops, persuaded) a neighbour of ours to try to get a visa to join her in Santa Ysabel, California to at least have a sort of Egyptian team show up. We have no illusions about winning, since Morad, while a strong rider considers running right next to a root canal as a pastime, and Tracy, while a good runner, likes to take it fairly easy riding.

Our major obstacle will be obtaining a visa for Morad, since the US government is not very generous in this respect and he is a self- employed horse trainer. Not their idea of someone who will reliably go back to Egypt despite the fact that we know that Morad doesn't plan on moving anywhere at all. BUT...if we can solve the visa problem and get them there, is there anyone willing to lease them a horse for the event? I can promise that the horse will likely be the member of the team to be the least stressed by the efforts and these are two very responsible people.

Maryanne
Cairo