[RC] NAIS - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Karen Nelson knelson4299@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I cannot support the microchipping of ALL/ANY animals & birds.
This is just plain stupid.  I worked once for a company that is the largest EGG
ranch in the western USA.  I don't know how many chickens they had, but I ran
the payroll department for 750 employees, so I think they have a great many
birds.  If they all had to be microchipped and scanned ever time they were
moved, your price of a dozen eggs would approach or surpass $5.00 plus.  Same
thing would happen with pigs, beef animals, etc.
If you were running a ranch with thousands of beef animals, would you want this
information where it could be hacked by ALF (Animal Liberation Front), who has
been doing serious damage in the West? This is totally unacceptable.
Further, I am not the only person who can actually ride right off my property.
I will NEVER call and inform the Federal Government that I am going for a
little ride.  It is none of their business.
How about having an emergency with your horse late at night on a weekend?  Want
to have to sit on the phone, punching numbers, waiting thru 3 different
languages of messages to try and notify someone that you are taking the animal
off your property because of a medical emergency?  I think not.
How about a person who takes their dog for a walk every night?  They "leave"
their property. A professional "dog walker" in a city like New York? Call the
Feds?  Laughable.
EVERY car, truck, trailer in the USA has had a VIN (vehicle Identification
number) for a number of years.  Tell me with a straight face that there is no
problem with stolen cars.
There is a problem with stolen saddles and other items with serial numbers,
such as household good with serial numbers.  Talk to a policeman and have him
tell you how many of those items get recovered.  NOT!!
Ride managers have enough trouble keeping a ride flowing with the number of
volunteers it takes.  NOW we have to scan a horse every time it enters and
leaves each vet check? ride camp? Trilby and Less and lots of other riders
arrive in the middle of the night.  Want to be the volunteer who has to pull
"night watch" and scan horses that are arriving? This is one more nail in the
coffin of trying to put on a clean quality ride.  It is one more reason to
drive people off the rural land and into tighter areas.  There are groups who
are trying to do just that.  Contact me off RC for websites...
In a society that cannot keep track of convicted SEX OFFENDERS and CHILD
MOLESTORS, I don't think they can begin to handle the traffic of animals and
birds.
We have thousands on illegal INTRUDERS coming across the Mexican border every
day who are NOT apprehended.
Spend my tax money there.  Leave me and my dogs, horses, and other animals
alone.
I am not a criminal.  I never was a criminal.  This will make me a criminal, or
it will make the Feds the new providers for my 6 horses and 3 dogs.   What I
now spend on hay and dog food will be spent on more guns and ammo for the next
assault on my personal freedom.