[RC] Mystery lameness - sandy . l . holder

How long has your girl been off?  My Tally is always rock solid (unless he gets kicked or something) but was recently 'off' on his left front and we couldn't quite figure it out.  He worked hard last year so we gave him a month off and he was still slightly off (on a tight circle counter clock wise).  Given he was better than he originally was, we turned him back loose in pasture to see what the results would be.  It just so happened that our farrier came early Tuesday morning, started to trim his hoof and he popped an abscess on Tally's left front - albeit one that was healing (which to hear that was pretty weird for me because I always thought that until they ruptured, they wouldn't heal).  Gone was our mystery lameness, and my fear that Pioneer or UC Davis was our likely next step.  Oh, and Tally's foal date is 3/89 (a coming 17 year old).  He didn't start in endurance until he was 12 and he finished his first 100 miler last year and I think is just reaching his prime. . .

Good luck with your young girl!
Sandy
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.