Re: [RC] [RC] EPM + Right Rear Lameness Issues - Valerie Nicoson

I too have a horse that is suspected by our vet as being an EPM survivor.  Have done a couple 25s in addition to numerous training/ conditioning rides the past couple years.  A few injuries have resulted from a pulled stifle from too much sand at a CTR (vetted thru just fine) but did a steep hill training ride too soon after; a kick injury; and then what we believe might have been a "hang up" in the stifle region after some long trotting.
I would advise anyone with an EPM horse to do lots of LSD and to take the first couple years doing slow 25s to build those muscles. Sure wished I had done alot more LSD, but not sure if that would have made a difference or not.
BTW...is there something going on with EPM horses and having right rear leg problems???  Or is this pure incidence??
BTW (again)...Is it OK to breed a horse that's had EPM or is this simply not advisable?  Would it pass to the foal?  Simply curious.
Val