Re: [RC] Broomfield, CO - Sky Ranch

Hi Diane,

I moved to Gunnison, Colorado from Texas 11 years ago, and was "very afraid"
of the cold, and dreaded driving in snow.  Gunnison is one of the colder
spots in Colorado, yet I was quite comfortable.  I bought a really good coat
and boots, and respected the weather.  We're now in Cortez, which is much
warmer (I actually like Gunnison better because it's cooler in the summer
..!)

You know, you've probably been much colder in Tulsa, OK, than you'll ever be
anywhere in Colorado.  That's certainly true of me - I was much colder in
Texas, with the higher humidity, than I've ever been here.  As far as
driving on snowy roads, the ice storms in Oklahoma and Texas are far WORSE
than any snow you'll drive on here.  Come on out to Colorado - I'll bet
you'll love it!

The high cost of living -- well, that is a drag, I have to admit that.
Things ARE expensive here, but if you earn a good salary you'll be fine.
Hopefully your company will pay your moving expenses.

Go to the website www.mrer.org  (Mountain Region Endurance Riders) for
information on aerc rides and contact info in the area.  I wish I had more
info for you, but I'm about a 9 hour drive from where you'll be if you're in
Broomfield.  At any rate, good luck to you, and I hope you come to
Colorado - there are a LOT of endurance and ctr riders out here, and so MANY
beautiful trails.  I think you'll be happy, at least I hope so.

Please don't hesitate to contact me -- if I can be of any help to you I'll
certainly do my best.

Carla Richardson
Cortez, Colorado