From: "karen coombes" <karen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
Subject: [RC]?? switching to bit

Last week I bought the book, "A Whole Bit Better", by Dale, Ron and Bob
Myler, of Myler bit fame.? EXCELLENT!!!? This book explains how each =
part of
the bit works on the horse (cheeks, shanks, ports, etc - all explained). =
?It
also explains how to evaluate your horse's mouth for bit fitting (shape =
of
bars, thickness of tongue, etc).? They use a system of graduating bit =
use as
the horse progresses through the levels of training.? The ultimate goal =
is
to use the mildest bit possible.? They also emphasize that the riders'
hands, as well as the individual horse, are determining factors in bit
selection. Worth every cent of the $12.95 it cost me.

Karen, in Texas