[RC] Equipedic pad care - Kathleen

I rinse my equipedic with the hose after every ride and get all the sweat out of the wool and foam.  Then I hang it to dry with the wool side up so it dries completely between rides.  I have two pads that I alternate so they have 4-6 days between rides.

This also allows me to put a dry pad on my horse halfway through a ride at the midpoint vet check.

My pads still look really good and are two years old. I only actually take them apart and wash them in the machine once or twice a year…hosing seems to do the trick.

My training partner uses a Dixie midnight under her equipedic and it still looks new after two years.  I couldn’t do that because my horse got hives from the Dixie Midnight.

Kathleen