[RC] club foot and endurance - sherman

Hi Beth,

Why not take your replies on ridecamp, we love to have it cluttered up with information (:>), and then everyone else can benefit as well. Even those of us that don’t have a club-footed horse now, may be in a position to have one someday.

I did almost buy one last fall, a club-footed, slightly long-backed, beautiful & elegant leggy and lean 6 yr old gelding, purebred but unregistered as he was bought at an auction and started by a “cowboy” who didn’t understand Arabs. My gelding tried to run him through the fence a few times, so I decided all the vet bills wouldn’t be worth it, so I offered the horse to a friend of mine. With no special hoof care, and after a month at a trainer and several months of conditioning, this guy is now successfully & consistently completing 50s, a few in the top 10. My friend thought he might have trouble keeping a shoe on the club foot, but has had no problems whatsoever.

I’m emailing you about this horse, Ray (aka Ray of Hope) as my friend isn’t on ridecamp & doesn’t use the computer.

Good luck,

Kathy