[RC] new tack store!!!!!! - karen coombes

I want to tell all my horsey friends about a great shop I found.  A great find for endurance tack and cart stuff.  They’ve been open about 4 months now.  CENTRAL TACK & HARNESS.  They’re at 16407 Decker Creek Drive, right off FM979, in Manor, TX, and right next door to a feed store.  This is near the Expo Center that is East of Austin.  Jeff & Tammy own & run the shop.  They’re super nice and know their stuff.  Tammy makes bridles, harnesses, etc in leather or any color beta or biothane you want.  She can make anything you want, and does repair work, too.  The shop is really nice – well arranged and all the right stuff.  They have a few saddles, lots of bridles, leads, Mylar bits, and just about everything else you need.  And if they don’t have it, they’ll order it for you and can have it shipped right to you. Check out their website at: **Removed b/c there was a virus at this site***>.  You’ll be amazed at their prices for biothane harnesses.  I was amazed when I got lost driving there, called Jeff for directions and not only did he wait for me (I got there after hours) he spent an hour putting the rubber inserts in my cart tires for me – at NO charge!!  And the rubber inserts were half the price the bike store wanted for them.  I was one happy camper!!  I browsed the shop while Jeff worked on the tires and found a book I wanted, “A Whole Bit Better”, by Dale, Ron & Bob Mylar, and a great pair of work gloves.  Saw several other items I want, too.  I’m definitely going back.  Next week, in fact, to have Tammy fix some reins for me and to talk about Riese’s new harness I’m going to have made.  I’m tired of cleaning this leather one!!  Give ‘em a call at 512-276-7020, check out the website or stop in.  Their hours are 10am - 6pm Tuesday through Friday, 9am - 6pm Saturday, noon - 5pm Sunday, and closed on Mondays.  Happy Shopping!!