Re: [RC] [RC] finally, an end to illegal fees - Dawn Carrie

There are actually quite a few National Recreation Areas.  I used to do a lot of hiking and backpacking in the Sawtooth Nat. Rec. Area in Idaho.

Some other NRAs people might be familiar with are Flaming Gorge NRA, Glen Canyon NRA, Hells Canyon NRA, Lake Mead NRA, Delaware Water Gap NRA, Oregon Dunes NRA, etc.  They're all over the country.  People hike, bike, and ride in them all the time.

Dawn in East Texas

On 9/15/06, rides2far@xxxxxxxx <rides2far@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
National Recreation Area years ago, and when that got shot down by local activists, they found
a way to charge fees anyway.

The only National Recreaton Area I know of is Big South Fork and it's the BEST. I don't know the
official specifics but it seems more geared to being USED wisely instead of just locked up and
preserved. My first guess would be that shooting down a National Recreation Area designation
was a lot more beneficial to the Sierra Club than horseback riders.

Angie