[RC] Just Chaps, Zilco pricing - Susan Favro

> Why is stuff over here so overpriced....

From what I’ve seen, I think all the vendors of endurance tack are competitive in their pricing **based on the pricing we get from our distributors and manufacturers** There are some manufacturers that will set a suggested retail price and then they will sell below that price to the public (basically putting themselves in direct competition with their vendors). When I set my pricing, I’m certainly not trying to be competitive with those “over the pond.”

I truly believe that the vendors I’ve talked with and worked next to at rides and expos try to find the balance between setting a competitive price and making a living for themselves.

> Here in the US i can not find them [Just Chaps] under $85 and thats without  shipping …

BTW, we carry the Just Chaps products and our highest price is $82.95 (for the chaps with fringe or fluorescent chevrons). We’re also offering free shipping this month on any Just Chaps order. PLUS we’re shipping from Montana so there’s no sales tax involved.

I’m not sure what prices Diana is seeing for Zilco, but I’m sure my prices are competitive (I stock Zilco at rides, but have not yet added it to my Web site – sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day).

…S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
“Innovative effective products for horse and rider”
Official Sponsor: AERC (American Endurance Ride Conference)
Voice – 406.864.8000
Fax – 559.272.6093
Mobile – 406.370.6399
E-mail – Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx