RE: [RC] Slaughter/Breeding - heidi

Tiffany, the hell I went through was unconscionable, as is your comment about the horse being club-footed.  (He was crippled--he was NOT club-footed.)  I will give Roseann full marks for later backing off and being apologetic, but the whole episode sure underscored to me why breeders so rarely want to deal with rescues.  There is no point recounting the sordid details on this list, as it is old news, but I stand by my comments.

I do believe that AHRN did a lot of good work, and I do commend them for that.  But in all fairness, you were NOT a breeder, and you did NOT try to rescue a stallion.  When the horse's plight first came to light, AHRN knew where he was, but had NOT yet rescued him--and would not reveal his whereabouts.  I spent the better part of two days on the telephone, talking to the state department of agriculture, brand inspectors, veterinarians, other rescues, sale yards, etc. trying to trace the horse down, just trying to get him out of wherever he was.  To put it mildly, it was a nightmare.  Furthermore, EVERY rescue that I contacted to try to locate feedlots and sale yards to call gave me the same old saw about how breeders were irresponsible and never rescued their horses, and then turned right around and told me that they wouldn't help a breeder.  Go figure.

I have a lot of respect for you and what you've done with your rescued horses, Tiffany.  But you did not get to see this situation from my vantage point, and your comments are off the mark.

Heidi

That's not quite fair, for if it hadn't been for that rescue actually rescuing your club footed stallion, he wouldn't even be alive.
I commend you for doing the right thing, but to throw stones at the AHRN who has rescued so many horses seems, well, wrong.
I got my two rescues from them with no problems at all.
Tiffany