RE: [RC] Slaughter/Breeding - heidi

John, maybe I'm just in a really bad mood, having responded to this thread this morning and then gone down to feed my broodmares only to find that my older fillies in the next pasture up had rubbed a gate open and gotten in with my mares and foals, and that in the resulting melee, one of my really nice young broodmares had shattered a foreleg.  I came back in from sorting out that mess, putting down the mare, and hauling off her carcass (oh, it's such FUN to breed horses sometimes) to find your post.

If situations that pertain to breeders are not ENDURANCE RELATED, then I'll eat my hat.  And if endurance riders haven't yet figured that out (or list owners and moderators, for that matter), well, then, dang it--they should "know better."

I know it's your list, and if you don't want any discussion about the circumstances of those people who raise the horses that you will ride in the future (and whose efforts are largely responsible for roughly a third of the capability of the horses that you ride), that's certainly your perogative.  But if that's the case, then this sure isn't a list that holds much relevance to THIS endurance rider, who also happens to breed horses to sell to OTHER endurance riders.  "Know better," indeed.

Heidi  (back out to the heartbreaking task of catching a three-month-old orphan foal that with any luck, will still grow up to be an endurance horse, even though her mommy will never have that chance now)

It's important to note that the ride camp forum does provide a huge avenue for communcation ... about ENDURANCE!

I've tried to let this thread run out - but it's been 4 days ... D'Arcy, you're new on ridecamp I think? Please try to focus your comments to Endurance related topics (and the rest of you ... you know better:)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=