FW: [RC] Shagya Information - Karen E. Franklin

I figure it’s pronounced very similar to the way one would correctly pronounce Zaa Zaa Gabor’s name – with that “zsh” sound where the g is.  But it’s still fun to mispronounce it, and put the word “baby” after it while picturing Austin Powers!

Actually, I’m not anywhere near any of the inspection sites – Illinois is the closest.  Too bad there aren’t any scheduled in Texas (northern TX, preferably!).

I’m very interested in the Shagya – the description of the breed sounds as if it would be best suited to the sport of endurance.  If I knew anything about training horses, it would be interesting to eventually work my way into breeding.  I’ve become fascinated with the bloodline descriptions that have occurred on ridecamp lately and I usually try my hand at judging conformation whenever I see a picture of a horse, though my results would probably be laughable!  I guess you could say conformation is as subjective as beauty – especially here in the heart of quarter horse country, where big butts reign (and rein).  J

Karen E. Franklin

Tulsa, OK

Are you anywhere near Southern California?  If not, I can put you in touch with the coordinator for the inspection nearest you.

Kathy