[RC] Oleander , replace it? - Kearby Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/OM

I know a gal that when she came home from a weekend's ride found the neighbor had planted a row of oleander next to their pasture fence.  She gathered the information like the web page that Jonni posted and went to the neighbor about how toxic the plant was.  Offered to buy another suitable plant and do the labor of removing and disposing the oleander and planting something safe.  Was a lot of work and expense, but cheaper than a vet bill and much better than risking loosing one of the loved horses.  Kept peace in the neighborhood.  Sometimes an ounce of prevention.  Just a thought.  I called around to all the nurseries in the area, I love landscape design and deal with several, I asked if they carried the plant and if they always announced the danger when it was sold...  sometimes it's good to remind folks like that.  I would love to see it become extinct but you know someone would put it on the endangered species list.

Kate.