[RC] Rapunzaal - Merryben

Karen asked that I post this to ridecamp for her.

AERC Horse #1865, AHR # 313672, Rapunzaal, bay gelding, was humanely put down at 12:45 PM, today, 8/29/2006 at the age of 27 years and 8 weeks.  He apparently was suffering a bout of colic we couldn't turn around.  He did his last 50 mile event at the age of 21, The NASTR 50, achieving all "A"s on his vet card.  He will be sorely missed, and I am lucky to have had him for the miles I rode him.  Karen Nelson