Re: [RC] Arab abuse /Boggs - Lucinda Carpe

Dear Ride Camp,
I remember the Boggs case and I had just returned to Arabs, having left horses for several years to bring up my own babys.
I had hoped that the abuses I had witnessed in my20's and I am now in my 50's had ended.
What I found instead was a completely changed "type" of Arabian and the abuses still continuing.....in fact....right outside the ring at Del Mar. Bloodied jaws from the bosal misuse at Del Mar in the Western Pleasure show barn ( all Bill Porcher's horses) I don't mind mentioning his name because he didn't mind bringing them and hanging out his sign. One bloody little guy had reserve champion ribbon proudly displayed at his door.
I have never been involved in this type of showing and often wonder what type of owner wants that so bad? How do they reconcile the animal's obvious fear and unhappiness with their own pleasure at the idea of receiving a ribbon.
It is a shame...Boggs will soon be back if not already. I believe that his suspension is due to be lifted. His midwestern farm is still successfully handling horses and they have a beautiful four color brochure ( just write or call and ask)

Lucinda

Barb Peck <bpeck9191@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard:

Yah Boggs was found guilty thank god.. But he didn't go lightly.
And it was becuase he had progressed to using exspensive cheating
in the form of 'cosmetic surgery'.

The testimony that put him away was from a couple that owned a nationally known Arab barn
and their names (and Arabs) are well known.

Yes- they tesified, and then they were blacklisted.
They were practically ruined (divorce followed).

I saddle fit endurance saddles for them after the trial when they were
switching from showing to endurance.
They were finished in the show world and just starting to embark on endurance
and pleasure mounts..

I applaud them for their courage to do what they did.
That's the kind of shake up the TWH show world needs-

Barb

Boggs was found by both the AHA and the USEF to be guilty as charged and sanctioned as provided in the rules. The cost to defend that case just about bankrupted the IAHA, but they vigorously stuck to their convictions that abuse of any type that violates the rules must be dealt with. So for those that say the organization does nothing to stand up and enforce their rules, I point to this case as an example that they do. Do they cover all their bases effectively, the obvious answer is no. Are they trying to do a better job, I say yes from what I see with my own eyes at each show.