[RC] Follow up on "tying up" episode - Vallonelee

/CAUTION:  Blood levels of Selenium are not a very reliable measurement as the levels
/ of Selenium are what counts.  If you suspect selenium is your problem the get
/your Veterinarian to take a muscle biopsy and check the true level of selenium.
/I have seen many low blood levels that meant nothing as well as normal and high
/ blood levels that actually had low muscle readings.  Blood levels actually
/measure consumption of selenium at the time.

I received this recently from a respected veterinarian on another list.  Yet another piece of information on the selenium levels/supplementation.  I didn't even know that a muscle biopsy was an option.  Now I feel more lost then ever.

Lee