[RC] ARABIAN HALTER HORSE ABUSE/endruance horse deaths. - Tiffany D'Virgilio

I think we established the rate of horse deaths as a percentage of starters and it was far less than 1%. That is amazingly low. In Ca. alone last year there were hundreds of catastrophic breakdowns in the TB industry.? I think endurance riders as a group post amazing numbers as far as horse safety goes. The vast majority of riders ride to complete and do it with en equine partner that they have considerable emotional attachment to. In all the disciplines I have been involved in, and that is many as I have been riding since I was 2, I have never come across horse people who took better care of their horses.?
When you log that many miles and that many hours with your horse special things happen, and no one wants their best friend hurt or endangered. Her welfare comes first every minute in training or during an endurance ride. Period. I love that horse and what we do together demands trust-her best interests are always first in my mind. I think most endurance riders feel the same way. I'm pretty proud of that, just as I am sure you are proud of what you do. My experience with showing and my friend's experiences don't hold up to that kind of standard.
I worked with the AHRN and who do you think we rescued? Show ring has-beens and culls for the most part. My two rescues will die with me after they retire from endurance and have a grand old age? hanging out with me.?
Endurance horses lead pretty safe, great lives and are mentally happy, like a working dog that actually gets to work as opposed to being pent up and never let out.?
Tiffany