[RC] [RC] Easy Boot Measurements - Dream Weaver

Print out this template, making sure that the 1" square box at the top prints to scale.  You may have to turn off your margins on your printer.  Then, you can trim the printout to the size 1 line or take a plain piece of paper and trace your horses hoof and hold that up to the template.  This form is handy if you want to keep track of your horses measurements -- might be a good idea so you know if the 5" width remains the same between trims, or if it changes by very much.  Size might also depend on other things -- such as whether or not your horse has a shoe on, and what the toe length is.  I like to use the smallest size boot that I can get on, but some horses might be more comfortable in one that isn't such a snug fit.  In order for a size 1 Epic to fit one of my horses I have to cut the heelstrap out, flatten the teeth on the side and cover with duct tape -- and to get the boot over the foot pull the cable out from the center groove to give more slack.  Now I can just order the boots with tapers in them and don't have to do anything to them at all.  Karen