[RC] Back on Topic (was Show Ring ...) - John Teeter

Re: [RC]   SHOW RING ABUSE DISCUSSION

At 10:36 AM 8/27/2006, Richard M Levine wrote:
I have received numerous emails direct responding to my 2 postings on this topic recently on your Ridecamp group list. Some possitive, some negative, but nonetheless important input on both sides of the topic, which is healthy.

while this has been a good discussion, it is a diversion of focus from endurnace. I'm sure there's lots more to be said, but this would be a good time to take it private; let Richard have the last word; and move back on topic - endurance. It's sunday - there's a new champion young-horse in france - there are lots of trails to ride and things OUTSIDE the show circuit to discuss.

For example; any comments on the new team competition format that was tried out in France? We, in the NW, have under the PNER organization, teams which accumulate points all year. The French experiment was to apply the team concept to a single event - to break the FEI structure of 1 team/country and to allow teams to be any 4 competitors (from anywhere). I'm trying to convince Steph to do a similar thing next year here in Oreana.

any thoughts?

jt.