[RC] TWH Celebration update - paradigm

I thought I might give an update to this situation that has been discussed
here in the past few days.  I am writing this in the parking lot of the
Calsonic Arena in Shelbyville, TN where the Celebration is taking place.
My neighbors daughter is showing a horse in a halter class.

It is true that the Celebration was stopped on Friday night after the
first two classes.  It is not true that the USDA inspectors shut down the
show.  It was stopped at the request of the Trainers Association to allow
time to negotiate with the Feds regarding interpretation of the scar rule.
All classes cancelled have been rescheduled.  There were 21,000 people in
the stands Friday night!  The Sheriff department and the Highway Patrol
had to intervene in the "discussions" just to keep it civil.

Although the events Saturday morning were also cancelled the show resumed
on Saturday night without the USDA present.  I see no signs of the
inspectors anywhere on site this morning either.  If they do show up they
had better bring lots of protection.  The grumblings around the barns on
site are very scary!

I live in Shelbyville.  I ride a half TWH half Arab.  I see first hand on
a daily basis what happens, and I have very strong feelings about it.
However, as in any dispute there ARE two sides.  I know trainers who
follow all the rules and do not abuse their horses, and yes they are
winning ribbons at the shows.  However, they seem to be a rare commodity.
The smell of caustic chemicals used to "sore" horses front legs permeate
every tack shop and farriers truck in the area.

Ooops...  I've just been summoned to the barn.  If anyone wants further
information e-mail me privately.  I will be around the event helping with
the halter classes.  The "Big Lick" classes make me vomit!

-E-