Re: [RC] '06 TWH Celebration - SHUT DOWN - Mary Ann Spencer

Perhaps you can update the reasons as you find out???
----- Original Message -----
From: tichenor06
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 12:35 PM
Subject: [RC] '06 TWH Celebration - SHUT DOWN

FYI (For Ya'll'z Information),

A co-worker at work who shows TWH's told me this morning that yesterday (or last night) the TWH Celebration was basically shut down.  She said the government agents (?) came and were checking horses, trainers, and whatever they check for, and writing out tickets (or something to that effect), and not allowing horses with certain trainers to show their horses.

Show is in Shelbyville, TN for those who do not know.

She said the trainers were boycotting the show.  I asked if the amateurs would win all the classes, and she said no, they will not show their faces if the trainers don't show.

That is some really big news for the TWH Celebration.  Guess that show has been going on for decades.  And this year they were busted.

Thought that may be of some interest to some.

If anybody has never been to that type of show, they should go and have a CLOSE and very good look as to the goings on, and the horses.

I do not think my co-worker had any horses entered for this year's Celebration.

Laura
North Alabama